Eye Movement desensitization and reprocessing Association Malaysia (EMDRAM) or the Persatuan Terapi Desensitasi dan Pemprosesan Semula Pergerakan Mata Malaysia is a professional body for practising psychotherapists. The Eye Movement desensitization and reprocessing Association Malaysia was founded in 2020 (Malaysian Registrar of Society Approval Number 2807). Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy is an extensively researched, effective psychotherapy method proven to help people recover from trauma and other distressing life experiences, including PTSD, anxiety, depression, and panic disorders. These therapies have generated a wealth of research to substantiate the efficacy of the therapies.
1. Maintain the standard for clinical practice of Eye Movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) therapy among its members.
2. Provide professional support to organization members practicing EMDR therapy.
3. Provide training opportunities to enhance knowledge and skills on EMDR therapy among EMDR therapy members.
4. Advertise EMDR therapy for various psychological disturbance including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, phobia, depression, addiction and other related disturbances.
5. Provide list of EMDR therapy members on the organization webpage.